Important Dates for Grad 2020
Grad 2020 Dates
Grad Pictures & Retakes - Dec.16 – 18, ABJ Staff room
$110 Grad Fee must be paid prior to booking a sitting. $30 sitting fee is included in the grad fee, which can be deducted from your Icon photo order.
- Bookings will open Monday, Dec.2 at 9:00 am
- Go to www.schoolinterviews.ca and enter the event code 4fhmd.
- Or go to https://www.schoolinterviews.ca/code?code=4fhmd
Friday, May 29 – Blessing Ceremony at ABJ
Friday, May 29 – Grad Mass at OLPH Church - 7 pm
Sunday, May 31 – Ceremonies, Banquet, Dance –Edmonton Conference
High School Valedictorian Criteria
Grad Class of 2020
The Archbishop Jordan Catholic High School Valedictorian shall be the student with the highest overall academic standing in his/her graduating year.
First consideration is the student must have been registered in Archbishop Jordan Catholic High School, as full-time student (as per Alberta Education) for at least 2 years, and is in good standing as a student who is compliant with school expectations.
Secondly, the student has achieved a minimum 85% in Religion 35.
Thirdly, In Grade 12, the student’s overall average for the following courses will be used to calculate the highest overall average (calculated to 0.1):
- English 30 -1 / French Language Arts 30-1
- Social Studies 30-1 / Etudes sociales 30-1
- Math 30-1 / Math 30-2
- One of: Biology 30, Chemistry 30, Physics 30 or Science 30
Marks will be calculated as of April XX, 2020 and the successful candidate will be notified no later than May X, 20XX.