ABJ School Handbook
E-Mail Subscription Management
Grade 9 PAT Quick Facts for Parents
Diploma Exam Schedule January/June 2020
2020 Grade 9 Achievement Test Schedule
Elk Island Catholic Schools
2021-2022 EICS Division School Calendar
ASAA Policy Handbook
ASAA Calendar of Events
The Grand Math Connection
A math support resource offering instructional videos and practice questions on a large variety of grade 10-12 skills and concepts. There is a particular emphasis on diploma exam preparation. Check it out at: mathpqjq.com
Attendance Reporting Procedures - SchoolMessenger
In September 2018, Elk Island Catholic Schools moved to a new enhanced version of Safe Arrival. Your child’s safety is of paramount importance to us - this new version of Safe Arrival is more streamlined than ever, using a new back-end connected directly to our SchoolMessenger communication service.
To set up your new account, go to https://go.schoolmessenger.ca/#/account/signup or download the SchoolMessenger App using Google Play or the App Store.
There are multiple ways to report an absence:
- Calling 1-877-246-9970 option 3
- Using the SchoolMessenger App
- Using the Safe Arrival link in the EICS App
- Using https://go.schoolmessenger.ca
There are some important features to note:
- You will receive an authentication email to verify your login. Click on the link, and update user settings by entering the information requested. Once complete you will be able to access your children in the App with the account credentials you created.
- Links to this functionality is also being added to the EICS App (available on both Android and IOS) , so you can access everything in one place.
- This system will automatically update attendance at the school. On days where our office staff may be away, the system automatically overrides those students marked unverified, which will prevent attendance calls from going home at the end of the day.
- We experience a high volume of late students every morning. If your child is going to arrive after attendance is taken, please make sure you are reporting it as a late/absence using the new system. If your child is late, and we are not aware, you will receive the automated calls until the late/absence is verified. All students that are late or returning from appointments need to check in at the office.
- If you receive one of these phone calls, it is important to follow the prompts to report the absence. If at any point you try to circumvent the system (i.e. hanging up before you receive your confirmation number), the system will still view the absence as unverified, and you will continue to receive phone calls until you complete the process on the phone.
We understand that these automated calls may be frustrating, but we hope that you understand that it is our first priority every morning to ensure that all students are accounted for. Using this new tool helps us to expedite this process to ensure the safe arrival of all of our students.
If you have any changes to your contact information (ie. new phone numbers, cell phone numbers) please call or email the school so we can update the records for you.
Thank-you for your continued support.